Eligibility for Semi-urgent Medical Services
- Must be a resident of Charlotte County, Florida
- At least 18 years of age
- Have no health insurance.
- Annual household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level for the size of your household.
- For a single person, that means you can earn up to $23,540 per year
- For a family of four, the limit is $48,500 per year (approx. $933 per week)
- The limit varies depending on the number of people in your household
- These figures based on US DHHS Federal Poverty Guidelines (Federal Register; 1/22/15), and are subject to change without notice.
- Some exceptions may apply; please call 941-766-9570 for more information.
Please provide the following documents for verification of financial eligibility at your first appointment:
- State-issued photo identification showing your current address.
- Any other government-issued identity cards.
- Some other proof of where you live (like a power or water bill).
- A list of everyone in your household-their names, ages, and relationship to you.
- Proof of household income (W-2s; copies of recent tax returns; stubs from paychecks or benefit payments; copies of alimony checks; award letters for child support, Social Security, unemployment assistance, and a description of any help you receive from other people, ministries, or agencies).
- The bottles for any medications, supplements, or vitamins you take or have recently taken.
- Any other medical records you might have.
- A list of your health questions or concerns.